I am working with the world's leading member-based advisory company, responsible for business intelligence, publications and business performance optimisation. They are looking to grow their name and their team with a passionate and experienced Market Director.
JOB TITLE: Market Director
PACKAGE: Up to £150K Basic, OTE £225K!
- First established in the US in 1979, they opened in the UK in 1997.
- Currently employ around 2850 people in the US, 400 in the UK. Also have an office in Australia.
- Their membership network includes 80% of the Fortune 500 and 70% of the FTSE100.
- Revenue in excess of $1B.
- The leading member-based advisory company. By combining the best practices of thousands of member companies with advanced research methodologies and human capital analytics, they equip senior leaders and their teams with insight and actionable solutions to transform operations.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree holder, a post graduate qualification would be preferable
- At least 5 years' sales / commercial leadership experience - managing teams of 8+ to a successful outcome. Demonstrable ability in sales coaching, mentoring and up skilling.
- Most likely 10 years of proven sales experience - must include selling to a C-level audience
- Strong operations and process management experience
- Experience selling Intellectual Property, Professional Services, and/or Consulting service offerings
- Proven track record of initiative, creativity and motivation to surpass challenging performance goals
- Excellent presentation, writing and negotiation skills, ability to create and deliver convincing arguments
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, able to build rapport and credibility quickly
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in highly flexible, rapidly changing, ambiguous work environment.
- The Market Director (MD) is a key management role, leading a team of account managers and Business Development Managers, the MD has overall responsibility for both revenue and people management in their segment.
- For complex/challenging clients, the MD will assist in building and directing strong personal relationships with senior-most executives in the membership. The MD will also relish the opportunity to provide support and often mastermind the conduct of difficult negotiations, at all times being an exemplar for the skills and attributes necessary for success as an Account Manager or Business Development Manager.
- Directing the activities (lead generation/qualification, call scheduling, events/meeting recruitment, follow-up communication, and closing of new and renewal business) of Business Development Managers / Account Managers to ensure that revenue goals and objectives are exceeded;
- Responsible for upgrading the abilities of Business Development Managers / Account Managers through robust feedback, coaching, joint traveling etc.;
- Serves as an escalation point (if required) for the most challenging commercial conversations across the program or practice;
- Directing and deploying sales product support resources;
- Establishing and maintaining processes that generate strong customer satisfaction;
- Effectively managing all resources to meet revenue and expense targets within assigned budget and providing input into the development of the annual department budget;
- Gathering market intelligence in shaping product/service deliverables, and positioning/ merchandising in collaboration with research and product team - acting as a 'voice of the market';
- Attending practice management committee and program meetings, providing sound judgement on resource decisions and reliable market insight.
To apply for the above position, Please contact Chris Smith or hit the apply button.