Fantastic opportunity to join one of Europe's biggest and most experienced datacentre automation specialists, run by two incredibly well respected pioneers of data centre automation and open source software solution.
JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Consultant - Datacentre Automation
PACKAGE: £120k plus benefits
- Established 6 years.
- 30 employees based in London.
- 2015 turnover £5m.
- Cash rich business.
- One of Europe's biggest and most experienced datacentre automation specialists.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong understanding of enterprise automation technology / HP operations orchestration / cloud service automation.
- Familiar with open source technology / Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt and CI/CD tool chaining.
- Other relevant technologies include: CSA, ServiceNow, VMWare, Redhat, Jenkins.
- Strong hands-on technical experience with operating systems.
- Strong client facing skills - communicative, confident and outgoing.
- 5 years+ consulting experience.
- Opportunity to work for one of Europe's largest and most experienced HP datacentre automation specialists, providing people, process, and technology to automate IT operations, thereby helping enterprise organisations realise the potential of their software investments and control operational costs for their ever growing infrastructure estate. Solutions include DevOps, Hybrid Cloud and Continuous Integration.
- For the first 5 years the business built their client base through referrals and the existing relationships of the owners - 2 highly experienced business and technology specialists having previously run and sold a successful business, and having written code for HP solutions which is still being used today. They are considered pioneers of data centre automation and open source software solutions.
- In 2015 they hired an experienced Sales Director who has been bringing in larger and more complex opportunities for the business. This has resulted in the requirement to hire a more experienced and senior technical delivery consultant.
- Typically you will be engaging with CTOs and IT Directors within an enterprise organisation. They will typically be given a budget and a brief to ultimately reduce costs, reduce risk and improve time to market. This will often involve legacy IT in need of updating and integrating with newer solutions such as Opensource.
- Partnering with HP, ServiceNow, VMWARE, and Redhat.
- Clients are in the following sectors: Banks, Telcos, Retail and Central Government.
- Discussions are typically around DevOps and Cloud adoption (understanding the tools, people, and process around it).
- You will be meeting clients along with the Sales Director in the first instance and later with a team in the form of account management.
- This is a very client facing role and you should be billable the majority of the time.
- You will be expected to put customer satisfaction as a priority in your work.
- You will be designing, building and integrating automation systems.
- You will work with and mentor the junior consultants.
- You will be working very closely with the project managers to ensure communication throughout and that the work is completed as expected.
- Key technologies include: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Salt.
To apply for the above position, Please contact Dan Langley or hit the apply button.